Monday, September 21, 2015

Saying our Goodbyes

The hardest part of the moving process is saying our goodbyes to friends and family. Goodbyes have never been easy for me. We hosted a party at our house in mid-August as our way of saying goodbye to our church group. We had a great turnout and enjoyed a night of singing together. Russ and I provided all the food and asked those attending to bring drinks and desserts. I feel like we've both grown by spending time with our South Fayette church group. We've learned a lot from them. We will miss them greatly. Our last official service with them was on Wednesday, September 16. I did fairly well with all the goodbyes but there were a few that were harder than others and they brought a few tears with the goodbye hugs.

We made a trip to Colorado the next week to spend a little more time with our kids and grandkids. We enjoyed playing outdoors with them on their new trampoline and reading stories to them at night. There is nothing like grand kid snuggles and hugs. We knew we would see them again at Amber's wedding but saying goodbye as we left them was still rough because we knew it would be awhile before we were at their home again. I think the boys sensed it too. I tried to take plenty of pictures since they will be much bigger the next time we see them.

Hannah and Amber came the last weekend of August and we worked on finalizing wedding details and taking gender reveal photos for Hannah's new baby.I totally enjoyed just hanging out with my girls and having a few good laughs together. I tried to cherish every moment I could with each of the kids and grandkids and I enjoyed every hug I could coax from them. Brayden has always been attached to me and he didn't want me to put him down all weekend. I think leaving my kids will be the hardest. We've never been this far away from them. Knowing I can't hop in the car and drive to see them whenever I want will be a big adjustment. Yay for technology to bridge the distance though.

We knew we'd have quite a bit of family at Amber's wedding so we made our final farewells to all of them this past weekend. Since we had all our kids and grandkids in one place we arranged to have family photos taken the day before the wedding. Several of my sisters, niece and nephews and one of Russ's brothers attended the wedding so we had a big lunch together on Sunday before we all parted ways. We said our goodbyes to Amber on Saturday night as she left for her honeymoon, to Hannah and family on Sunday morning as they left early to take a friend to the airport and to Cory and family Sunday afternoon. Each one was equally hard but I knew that they were all supporting us in the move and would be diligent to keep in touch with us as we traveled to our new home. We love our kids and are so proud of the lives they are living.Wish I could take them all with us. January will be here before we know it and I'll get to enjoy some more family time then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment